Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pierpont Park, Peabody



So in my previous post of Cove Playground, we showed what a little, insignificant playground can be transformed into (of course with proper funding and finances). Sadly, here's what happens when a small insignificant playground is updated without proper funding and finances (or without care, I don't know).

Here's what Pierpont used to look like.



And here's what they have done. Not that much. And definitely the design of the playground is still as rudimentary as before. Random pieces of structures disjointedly sitting in a woodchip covered space. Really?


The only thing we liked about this update was the colorful new spring riders. Although there was still something nostalgic about the older, wooden horse spring rider.

Pierpont is upgraded from a one-star playground to a two-star. And that's ONLY because the equipment is newer and the woodchips are fresh.


6 comments:

Lia Koulalis said...

Love your blog and have visited several times...quick question. Have you thought of posting sprinkler parks and/or water type parks such as Bradley Palmer in Topsfield?

lolataylor1988 said...

These kids look like they are having a blast. I am looking into getting my daughter an outdoor playground. I like the one that you guys have. Do you have any recommendations as far as safety and quality?

Miss S said...

I don't know if you still use this blog, but are you aware that a lot of your pictures don't display? It's too bad because I'd like to see the pics of the playgrounds!

David Briley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Briley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Briley said...

Shame about the photos not showing up on the blog. I have some photos on my blog at www.mrnorthshore.blogspot.com

I'd love suggestions for those sorta' hidden parks on the North Shore that I could go profile.

Thanks y'all.