Thursday, June 28, 2007

Action Cove, West Newbury

oh man.


Maybe this is why nobody in this area is carrying my book, because they see it as incomplete.

While working on the first edition of the book way back in 2004, somebody told me about this INCREDIBLE playground in Newburyport, "Action . . . something". They were unsure of the name. Well, the first edition did not include that area, so I wrote down the name and tucked it away.

Working on the second edition, I remembered this comment and tried to find it. Well, I thought I had found it when I saw Mosely Woods with all it's cool sculptural climbing structures and beautiful pine woods surroundings. It's in Newburyport.

Second edition comes out, $4000 worth of printing, two months later. I am told of Action COVE in WEST NEWBURYPORT.

Oh man.

So here it is. It is a 5 star playground and it is VERY similar to Eagle Nest Playground in Essex, but has been updated last year with plastic caps on all hand railings and plastic timbers on all flooring of the all wooden structure.


This is a very cool playground as was correctly told to me. It was a swelteringly hot day when we went to go visit this but there are many places to shelter from the blazing sun, including at benches and picnic tables.

It is located on Bachelor St between Sawmill Brook Rd/ Meetinghouse Hill Rd and Middle St. Closer to Sawmill Brook Road.

Look for the downloadable PDF at my UPDATE page at the web site:
www.visualvoices.net/publications/update.html

Give me a few more days, summer vacation is happening and I can't do any work while my kids are using the computer to play Webkins.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info on the playground! My son and I went there today. He had a great time.

THe playground is actually located between Sawmill Brook Rd & Main Street where the ballfields are.

Thanks again!

Liza said...

This was a great park! A lot like the old Kids Cove that was in Swampscott in the early 90's.

We got lost getting there though! I agree with Matt... It's close to Sawmill Brook Rd and Main St. (which is also Rte. 113).