Saturday, June 2, 2007

Chutes and Ladders

I was in Bloomington, Minnesota with the boys a couple years back and my brother brought us to this incredible playground called Chutes and Ladders at the Hyland Park Reserve (directions). The rope structure must have been about 20 feet high. The playground was built into the hill with many levels and a giant 20 foot tube slide. It also had a water sprinkler section too. Did I mention that the ground cover was also crushed, recycled rubber mats? Really a cool place!
A view from ground level with the two towering net and rope structures on the left, water sprinkler area to the right, and the giant tube slide in the background.

A view of the playground from a higher vantage point. Gorgeous green view, huh?


7 comments:

funnyhair9 said...

beat park evea

Mom of Two said...

Looks like fun. We may have to take a field trip to Bloomington this spring to go here.

Anonymous said...

I went to this park when I was 6 years old on a field trip for school. I am now 25..AND I still tell people about "chutes & ladders park" Take your kids.. they will NEVER forget!

Tina said...

I grew up going to this park and now take my kids there. We went there today in fact but the sprinklers weren't on. I'm trying to find out when they start those. It was HOT

Jeremy said...

Do you live in MN? We love the Lake Elmo Park Reserve. It has a wonderful Manmade lake, a beautiful Lake to fish in, the largest play area I have ever seen, and wonderful camping. Its right on the edge of Woodbury and Oakdale.

QuadCityImages said...

I have a vague recollection of going to an amazing wooden playground with tons of slides as a kid visiting Minnesota 20-ish years ago. I remember that the longest slide of the playground was closed with metal covers welded over the top and bottom. When I mentioned this to some folks this past weekend while visiting Minneapolis, they said it must have been Chutes and Ladders. However, when I looked at pictures online, it doesn't look like I remember. Is this the same park with new, more colorful playground equipment?

Unknown said...

Quad,
Yes it is the same playground updated in this new era of playground plastic and safety concerns! I remember splinters from the playground, and metal slide burns, but it was still the coolest park ever.