Wednesday, May 9, 2007

30 MORE BOOKS DONE

This is slightly ridiculous. I'm suppose to have 500 total from the printer. At this rate, I'm going to be getting 50 books every week from the printer for the rest of the summer. One thing about the business of graphic design which I have FINALLY realized is five out of ten jobs goes through without a hitch. The other five are usually a big mess: Paper isn't available; it's going to cost more; CEO's name is spelled wrong on the entire run of 10,000 brochures; wrong cover on the books; etc. When a job does go right, in the back of my mind I think, "That was too easy. There must be something wrong."

But I am not a pessimist. Really . . . i'm not. . . maybe i am . . . maybe I'm a bitter, look for bad, glass is half empty, light bulb could be brighter, it's too hot, it's too cold, pessimist. . . oh no . . .where's my happy place?

On a happy note, I have kept a few of the last 30 copies so I can sell them through the web site. That's good. . . or is it? . . .happy place happy place.

No comments: